Marzia Ferro member of RAIA

Guide to Plan Submission and Lodgement Services in Perth Area Western Australia

Once you have your plans from us you need to lodge them for approval to the Shire or we can lodge them for you.
Shires have different local law and rules. Plans have to be drawn according local residential codes, Building Code of Australia and other local law.

Normally two separate applications are required for each construction job.

  • Planning Approval
  • Building Approval (Building Permit)

A Building permit is required for any building work involving
the development of new structures, alterations or extensions and changes
in ground levels. These may include but not limited to:

  • Swimming pools, spas and barriers
  • Fences
  • Garden sheds
  • Verandahs
  • Gazebos
  • Garages
  • Workshops
  • Pergolas
  • Dwellings
  • Commercial buildings including fitouts and refurbishments
  • Industrial buildings
  • Changes to ground levels (e.g. cutting and filling soil)
  • Retaining walls.

If the total value of the work exceeds $20,000 a permit is
issued to a registered builder, or you could apply as owner builder.
Application Forms and Guidelines are most of the times available online from your local Shire.

Click here to download pdf form for planning approval

Click here to download pdf form for building approval


Royal Australian Institute of Architects
mb 0415 436 012
ph  08 9343 0582

mobile 0415 436 012 tel.  08 9343 0582 email: